Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why Saying You Have Faith Isn't Enough

Have you ever wondered why things in your life aren't going the way you would like? Wondering why you have faith that it will happen, but it never does? That is because faith is not enough! 


Faith:

: strong belief or trust in someone or something

: belief in the existence of God : strong religious feelings or beliefs


Faith is only a belief however, to bring something to fruition, action must follow!

...faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. -James 2:17 {TWEET This}


This seems so common sense, but the knowledge of something does not make it so. Many people, including myself, believe certain things should happen in our lives but we don't have the motivation to take action.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.- 2 Corinthians 5:7 {TWEET This}

We are to take everyday actions in our lives along with having faith to make things happen that we may not necessarily see in physical form yet.

For instance, I LOVE to dance...I mean L-O-V-E to dance! In my college days, I was always in a dance class because it was something that I had a passion for and loved. However, after getting married and becoming a mother, I put other's needs before my own and neglected myself. This eventually made me feel unhappy, frustrated, and unsatisfied with my life. God eventually blessed us to be able to join our local YMCA and now I take Nia and Body Jam classes which I LOVE! See how I am using that word alot?? Lol! I took action instead of just saying well, I think I should be doing something for me... 

What do you LOVE to do? Share with us below!

Now take action to make those things happen!


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!



Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Join me on Pinterest!


Photobucket

Pin It

10 comments :

  1. Chari, I found your blog on Equipping Christian Women in Business. Thank you for your good word today! What do I love to do? Hmm. I used to do calligraphy, but haven't really worked at it in ages. I've got paper and pens. I need to sit down and do it. :-) And I'm hoping God makes a way for us to have a Y membership, too, except I'd be swimming instead of dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Very motivating. I have faith that my essential oils business will be successful because I feel like God led me to it, but if I don't work at it, it won't be. God will bless what we do, He won't necessarily do our work for us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amazing thing about faith is that faith leads us to confidently sit in the promises of God, which grows our relationship with Him... As we grow in Him, He pours more of His Spirit into us, and we have the strength to act in ways that will bring Him glory.


    So glad you found that you can make time for you to be joyful.

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Chari. Action is the key in building an unshakable faith in God. Words are meaningless unless they are activated and building a personal relationship with Chris requires actions, Thanks for the great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chari, always great to get back to basics and be refreshed in the Word. Thanks for sharing your zeal and love for life and dancing! I am going to start thinking about what I love to do and then be thankful for the time I have to do it! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to garden and bake, both of which I do as much as possible. Go on and dance your heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking by faith isn't always easy. Stay focused on the Father and His promises

    @spreadingJOY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to dance too! My husband and I have a dance ministry and have been blessed to perform in many different venues, often to secular audiences, but we always try to bring a spiritual message. Without faith that He will see us through it, this would be impossible! Linked up with you at Titus Tuesdays and now I'm your latest GFC follower. Thank you for the lovely post! Hope you'll stop by Saved by Grace for a visit!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What do I love? Knitting. When I go anywhere, I always have my latest knitting project with me, just in case there's any down time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great message for me right now! Putting feet to my faith and following God's call on my life! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!