Friday, January 4, 2013

Fruitful Friday Interview: Meet Charity of Wife Support

Blessings Loves!

I have had the pleasure of connecting with a wonderful young lady and woman of God; Charity Corder. She has recently started a blog to offer support to Wives and I love it! I love visiting her Facebook page too! She offers great nuggets when us wives need to be uplifted lol!

Let's meet Charity!



Tell us a little about yourself and your passion. I am Charity D. Corder, a preacher's kid, a wife and a mother of 3 boys and one little girl. After being married for 15 years to my son’s father, we divorced and I became a single parent. After some time passed, I was re-introduced to the man that God had for me. I am 36 years old, a music lover, minister through song, worshiper, writer and business owner. I am deeply passionate about helping others, women especially. I discovered my love for helping others when I aspired to become a nurse starting in my ninth grade year of high school. The joy that it brings when I can uplift, encourage, or help someone heal spiritually or physically is indescribable.

What does Living Your Dream mean to you? I used to believe that living my dream meant becoming a nurse practitioner and partnering with a Doctor to open our own practice while working my own hours and driving a fancy car. Now living my dream means being in God's will and doing whatever He designed me to do. I’m His servant and the only thing I want in life is to be used by Him.

What makes you smile? Family!! I absolutely love my family. My husband and my children keep me smiling!! Family and spending time as a family is the absolute best thing to me.

What is the most important thing in life to you? Two things- my relationship with God and my relationship with my husband! Nothing is more important to me than that. Without those life is quite frankly pointless! Never have I loved anyone more than I love my husband. And I cannot thank God enough for placing him in my life. The closer we become to God the closer we draw to each other. Amen!!

What do you do when you challenging times come your way? To be transparent, initially I fall apart. Then I come to my senses and realize that God has never left me nor forsaken me before so why would he now! Trials come to make us strong and my faith has been increased time and time again.

Tell us a goofy fact about you. I cannot dance to save my life! LOL! And I love crazy colorful socks!

What is your guilty pleasure? SWEETS!!!!! I’m addicted to sugar!

How important is a good support system to you? A good support system is fairly important. To be honest, aside from my parents and my husband I don’t really have a support system and I have made it just fine. Some people need a good core circle of friends, advisers  and supporters. There has been many times in my life that I have wished for that but that just isn't my story. Not God’s plan for me. Regardless to whether or not one has a support system he/she still must find what they need within them selves to do what needs to be done. I hold to God’s unchanging hand He’s my support system!

Who inspires you and why? My husband inspires me a great deal! He built his business from the ground up without any financial help or moral support from anyone. He learned to play piano at age 19 and regardless to what people said, and despite that to this day his mother has never seen him play, he never gave up until he got to the place where now he teaches students nationwide. He’s been relentless regardless to the obstacles that he has had to face and he refuses to give up because he knows what he has been called to do and he will no stop until he fulfills his calling! If it weren't for him I wouldn't have had the courage to start my WIFE SUPPORT blog or step out on faith and join him in ministry. Go hubby!!

What was one of the most challenging moments of your life and how did you overcome it? Starting my second marriage was one of the most challenging moments of my life. My husband is from Tennessee and I am from Michigan, we are from two completely different worlds! After 6 months of dating we were married, I moved from a very fast paced, lively city in Michigan to an extremely slow, quiet and isolated part of Tennessee. I have three sons 17,16 and 11 that chose to stay behind in Michigan; I left my job to join my husbands business, and I had no family or friends of any kind. The challenge was that I had to completely step out of the box, change my way of thinking, abort my expectations of what love was and what a husband should do, and adopt the what the Word says about love and what a husband should do AND WHAT A WIFE SHOULD DO. I missed my children more than words will ever be able to express, I felt so alone that I believed God himself had left me and I was married to someone who didn't understand me, and I didn't understand him. It was one of the absolute most challenging times of my life. I got through it with fasting and prayer. At one point I fasted without food or drink for seven straight days. I needed to hear from God, I needed to feel His presence and I continued to fast and pray until he answered me. Talking about faith!!

What advice would you give someone who is attempting to step out on faith and live their dream? The only advice I can give to someone who is attempting to step out on faith is to FULLY, TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY trust God with everything you have. Knowledge is great! You have to know what you are getting into but the most important thing is knowing without a doubt that this is God’s will for your life, and if so then step out on HIM!


Please visit and like her on Facebook at Wife Support.

Follow her blog at Christian Wife Support


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Love the interview, very inspiring, informative and transparent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings ladies. I just had to take a moment and stop by to say that I soooo love Miss Charity. I remember the day that God told me to connect with her. Believe you me that I quickly noticed on that day, there was something in me that recognized something in her and all I can say to Charity is, girl,.....LOOK AT GOD! there are many people that will say to you these words ”I AM, BECAUSE YOU ARE.” thank you for being a woman after God's own heart so that other ladies can see that they to can be just what you are. May our God continue to cover, bless and keep you. Love you lady and I do it for free.
    ~LaTia

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!