5th Annual Women's Empowerment Conference!


Blessings loves!!


In May I had the pleasure of attending the 5th Annual Women's Empowerment Conference in Houston, Texas! I had such a wonderful time! It was great to connect with other women entrepreneurs and learn from so many talented women! I was greeted by this beautiful painting which was also displayed on the programs and bags.




The wonderful greeters at the registration table!



The conference began with a wonderful intro and poetry piece encouraging each of us to Celebrate You!

Mary Foley spoke about living like our nail color! 
Her high energy presentation was full of real life references, comedy, and 
self esteem building advice. I loved her and 
bought one of her cds too lol!
I couldn't get a good picture of her but this is one of her slides. 
Reminds me of her as a cartoon lol.




I attended a social media class presented by Crystal Washington. 
We have been connected on facebook and I love seeing her social media tips. 
When I saw she would be there I was like man, I need to be there!
She is such a sweet heart and knows her stuff too!


Check her out at Crystal Washington!

I attended several other classes, enjoyed a great lunch while networking, and met some wonderful vendors!

Lastly was A Conversation With Kim Coles where she discussed her struggles and triumphs and her program Opening Our G.I.F.T.S. 
It was very interactive and I loved how humble and down to earth Ms. Coles is!


At the end we had a chance to speak with her and get her autograph. 
I used to LOVE watching Living Single so I was like :-O!!!!
 I gave her a pair of our Dove hoops (you can see them here) and she loved them! 
I was so shocked lol! 

Check her out at The Real Kim Coles!

View the press release about AWEC here.
View the pictures by Houston Style Magazine here.

What empowering events have you attended lately??

~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter!



Photobucket

Comments

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Chari! I am honored. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!