Friday, February 24, 2012

Is it Time for a Checkup? Are you Showing Others God?

Happy Fantastic Friday everyone!! 
 
This has been on my mind and heart lately. 
Checking my actions as a woman of God daily and not just  
accepting mediocrity from myself.

Then I saw this picture on Facebook and was like POW!


I have seen or heard so many people saying or 'showing' the phrase: 'God knows my heart' but their actions are totally different from what they say their 'heart' is. 
But what is that showing to others? 
No one can see your heart if you don't show it.
 Are you showing you are a child of God to others or just saying it? 
The saying that a good example is a better teacher than empty words comes to mind. 
I am tempted many times to do as others do, but I have to constantly remind myself that God has created me and called me to a higher purpose. He has created me to be different. Not to follow others, but to follow HIM
Not to do what I want to do, but what HE wants me to do!

 “If anyone would come to me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and 
follow me” -Luke 9:23

Something else I have to remind myself: "Remember that God's ultimate purpose for all of us is that He would be glorified." -1 Corinthians 10:31

Being a Christian is WORK but worth it! 

Is it time for a check up??

Don't just SAY you love God, SHOW you love God!

~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter!
Pin It

12 comments :

  1. Amen! I always tell my children, "just saying it means nothing, but you have to show it"! Your EXAMPLE is what people will see and that is what counts. People may never remember a word you said, or a scripture you quoted but they will definitely remember your actions and how you made them feel!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true! You do have to show God to others. Sometimes you're the only Jesus they see. I'm commenting from the CAST team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Being a Christian is work." I like that line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true it is a lot of work. We can only accomplish this if we allow the holy spirit to lead us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that! It is hard but worth it. Blessings Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really meaningful blog post - LOVE IT!

    Thank you!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! Thanks for the reminder! Like Mechelle said, we are only able to accomplish this by allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us, which for me means I've gotta be immersed in His Word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for a wonderful reminder to check myself EVERYDAY! Just before I go out the door I try to remember to pray.."Lord, let your light shine through my eyes today".....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your kind words everyone! We all have to help one another when it comes to living God's word!

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!