Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Story of How I became an Inspirational Jewelry Designer!

In my last post Why I Love Working with Women of God, I wrote about how as a Christian Jewelry Designer I love connecting with fellow women of faith! Today is my second post for Alex Beadon's 7 Day Blogging Challenge and I would like to show you a bit more behind the scenes of what it has been like to be an entrepreneur. You can find a video intro that I did several years ago Here. I definitely need to do an updated one!




About 5 years ago after the birth of my twin babies, I was in what I call the mommy zombie mode. Nursing, changing diapers, feeding, sleeping and repeat. I had recently lost my job and started to feel a void in my life. So I asked God, please show me what you want me to do with my life. I needed a purpose for ME. So one day I was browsing on etsy and say some beautiful gifts. I thought to myself, I love jewelry! Why don't I make some that is unique...not just unique, but inspirational! So I started making a few pieces and my friends told me that they liked my jewelry and I should sell it. From there ChariT's Inspirational Creations was born! 

It has been a challenge now having 4 children, being a wife, and working at home. I think things will get a bit easier since the twins are 5 years old now and starting school in the fall. But I am still working on my time management skills. Knowledge does not equal success, action does. A lot of things that I have heard through trainings I am just now starting to put into practice and it has helped so much! Things like creating a process for everything I do like writing a blog and promoting it, launching new jewelry pieces ect. 

Some of the lessons that I have learned is that if God puts the vision in you, He will provide a way! Worrying isn't anything but a waste of energy! God has your back and front! {TWEET this}




Don't compare yourself to others. Well, not to a point where you start to feel bad about where you are in your process. You don't know their story or how hard it has been for them. So focus on your business and keep it moving!

And....learn to delegate! 
I, like many entrepreneurs wanted to do everything myself. I am still having a problem with this. Lol! I am a bit of a control freak at times. But I have learned that there are things that I love to do and things I don't. The things that I don't love to do, I need to delegate to someone who loves to do those things. I am blocking my blessing and their blessing by trying to do it myself. Plus, they would do a much better job! I am praying for financial growth and trust in others so that I can hire a team for my business soon!


How did you become an entrepreneur?  
What lessons have you learned along the way?



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!



Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Join me on Pinterest!


Photobucket

Pin It

8 comments :

  1. Loved this post! It's always inspiring to hear how other Mums are creating businesses, being creative and having trust you will succeed! Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I need to hear this!!! He isn't going to call us to do something without providing us the resources to help make it happen! Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God makes each of us unique - great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so inspiring! I will keep trying to not compare myself to others... it's not easy though lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard sometimes to remember God's plan has timing, just because He asks us to do something doesn't mean right now or that it will immediately be a huge success, but just that we obey. He will open doors when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's so refreshing to read how moms are getting their groove back and finding something that fuels their passions. I love seeing where you have come from and where you will go! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, comparing yourself to others is NOT good! In my experience that's how discontentment shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to become a photographer when I got fed up with the big store "packages" that never gave me a photo that looked real... my kids don't sit still, it always felt staged and no one wanted to try anything... Anyway, God put it on my heart, and although I don't advertise, clients find me and I make enough to buy diapers ;) But I hear you and keeping a balance....

    Thanks for sharing how you got the bug to start a business.

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!