Monday, March 9, 2015

The Importance of Forgiveness

Spring is approaching and I believe part of personal renewal is letting go and forgiving ourselves and others of past hurts and failures. I know that holding grudges is pride based and very unhealthy. If we want to be our best selves, we need to forgive. Constantly. Below I share a few thoughts on forgiveness. 



1. Forgiveness allows you to be free of negative emotions. When you forgive, you learn to let go of the negative emotions connected with that person or thing. This is important when seeking to live a joy filled life! 

2. Forgiveness allows you to heal. When truly forgiving someone, you are healing the broken parts of you that was hurt rather than holding onto it.

3. Forgiveness means you realize the past cannot be changed. This reminds me of a great quote from Oprah and when I first read it, it was right on time! I was having a BIG problem with forgiving someone and forgiveness just wasn't coming. But the past can't be changed anyway, so we might as well forgive! Right!?

4. You don't want past hurts to make you hurt others. In holding onto bitterness and pain from past issues, you may take it out on others if they remind you of those issues or if someone just catches you on a bad day. We don't deserve that from one another, do we?

Why do you believe Forgiveness is important?


Follow my pinterest board to see upcoming blog posts about forgiveness and more!


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Pin It

3 comments :

  1. This is such a vital concept to our Christian walk! Your post reminds me of a quote by TD Jakes: "Because your commitment to the issue of offense is stronger than your commitment to moving ahead, the prosperity in your public life and your private life pays a huge toll." Unforgiveness saps the strength and effectiveness of the church. Thanks for a great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiveness... it allows us to make room for God to fill spaces that were once taken up by hate or unkindness. How easily I can forget this. I love your four points, they're so important to our heart health both in the physical and the spiritual!
    You have a beautiful page, Chari, I look forward to visiting more often!
    Found you over at the CBCE group on g+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgiveness is key to walking in greater degrees of freedom. Choosing to forgive in spite of the offense...because we love God and His word. Joy will flood our souls as we learn the freedom of forgiveness. A neighbor at CBCE. You are a reflection of His joy and beauty, thanks for sharing some great words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!