Are You Being Gracious Today?

Have you ever been caught up in the daily routine of life when someone complimented you and it shocked you and put a big smile on your face? This happened to me last week! This is what kind words can do! A scripture that touched me relating to this is: 



While at the post office waiting in line, a sweet lady ahead of me told me I had a beautiful family. She said my children were so well behaved, (not as much as I would like them to be I thought lol) and asked how did I become such a good mother. I was so shocked and flattered by that question that I didn't even know how to respond at first. I said prayer, lots of prayer and being raised by a good mom. 

We continued to talk after that. The wait was quiet long so the twins enjoyed getting to know our new friends at the post office. We ended up exchanging business cards as well. This is one time waiting in a line that was taking too long, in my opinion, turned out to be a blessing! If you are out and see a mother/father doing a good job with their children take a moment to let them know. You never know how that will brighten their day or encourage them! She really made me feel honored to be a mother. Sometimes we get caught up in going through the motions. Before that I was just thinking about getting out of the post office and home so I could rest a bit. That long wait at the post office was truly a blessing in disguise.

Ask God to bless you to speak kind words to yourself as well as others!


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Join me on Pinterest!


Photobucket

Comments