Are You Living for God or Self?



I posted this status on Facebook: 


And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. -Romans 12:2

Living for God is HARD! When you want to go off on someone but you know deep down, that is not what God wants you to do...what do you do? When your friends want to go out and get drunk...Do you? When your ego wants to react in a negative way and you are thinking how dare they, I will show them...Do you react in a Godly way or let your ego win out? Our ego/pride is a beast to conquer! Isn't it?? However, if we don't conquer it, it will destroy us. 

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. -Proverbs 11:2

These are all things to consider when you are seeking to live for God. Things I struggle with on a daily basis. I am slowly overcoming these temptations by praying before I react. I ask God to guide my words, tone, and the way my words are received. It helps a lot! 

How are you learning to live for God instead of self?



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Comments