5 Ways to Love Your Spouse Like God Loves You




As Christians we are called to live like God, including in our marriages! Are you loving your spouse with the love of God?  Here are a few ways we can do just that!


1. Love your spouse. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. -1 John 4:7-8

This seems basic, but do you really love your spouse? No you won't always like them, but do you really love them or hate them? Think about it. In order to love your spouse, you must first love yourself. Do you love who you are? Who God created you to be? Something to ponder.


2. Show your spouse grace. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. -Hebrews 4:16

Do you express grace to your spouse when they have messed up? Do you respond in a way that is kind and above the norm as God displays His grace to us? Do they feel comfortable coming to you with their shortcomings?


3. Be your spouse's strength when they are weak. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."....2 Corinthians 12:9a


As God is our strength when we are weak, are you being strong for your spouse when they are weak? Are you praying for them? Seeking Godly counsel for the words to give advice when it is needed?


4. Forgive your spouse. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. -1 John 1:9

Do you forgive your spouse constantly? Or are you hanging things over their head and bringing the same things up over and over again?


5. Be faithful to your spouse. Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." -Lamentations 3:22-24 

Be faithful to your spouse and the vows you made to be committed to the union between you, your spouse, and God.


How are you loving your spouse the way God loves you? Share with us below! 



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. I love this! I've not thought of those passages in this way. I especially love 2 and 3. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!