Monday, April 22, 2013

Handmade Autism Awareness Jewelry and More!

Blessings loves!

Do you know April is Autism awareness month? What is Autism you ask?

Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. These disorders are characterized, in varying degrees, by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and repetitive behaviors. They include autistic disorder, Rett syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) and Asperger syndrome. Read more at Autism Speaks.

1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys are diagnosed with autism. I have a close friend whose son is autistic and I created a few jewelry pieces to show support!






I also searched on Etsy for a bit and found some other beautiful handmade autism goodies! Here are a few!



View my autism awareness treasury with more handmade items at


Do you know someone affected by Autism?


To learn more about Autism and other causes visit my Pinterest board:


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!