42: The True Story of a Legend Jackie Robinson { A Different View }


Blessings loves!

After packing and moving things to our new place, I treated myself to go see 42: The Jackie Robinson Story.  Man I am so glad I did! This is such an awesome and inspiring movie and I say...GO SEE IT! Even if you are not a baseball fan...GO SEE THIS MOVIE! 

It shows the struggle of Jackie, his wife, his teammates and the outside world as they learn to play with an African American man. Harrison Ford played Brooklyn Dodger General Manager, Branch Rickey and he was a BEAST in this movie! That is the best way I can describe it right now lol! You could tell he was a man of faith and I loved it! Chadwick Boseman was a great pick for Jackie Robinson and the supporting cast was terrific! 

When Jackie first met Rickey, Rickey asked him what would he do when people called him names and wouldn't serve him because of his skin color. Jackie was so used to fighting back but Rickey asked him if he would have the guts to not fight back. What stuck out to me is when Jackie wanted to give up, Rickey would always tie it back to Jesus. There is a part when Jackie breaks down and wants to fight back. Rickey tells him you are just living the sermon. I was like WOW!  I really didn't expect that when going to see this movie. It really made me think about my own life and what sermon I am showing others. 

At one point in the movie Jackie says "God built me to last". Another wow for me! I definitely need to meditate on that phrase during the trying times in my life. 

I also loved that they showed the relationship between him and his wife. As a married woman, I am learning more and more each day how important it is for us to support our husbands. She always supported him. When he thought he might not make it on the Dodgers team, she told him she knew that he would. My husband recently told me that he believes that he has a great support system in me. That is one of the greatest compliments I have ever received because I know that is what God wants from me. 

I love this clip of Rachel Robinson, Jackie's wife, as she talks about their relationship: Harrison Ford Talks 42: "The Things That Are Noble in America Are Really Represented in this Movie.

Such a great movie all around!

Have you seen it? What did you think about the movie?

Check 42 out on Facebook and the site.


~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Join me on Pinterest!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. We just saw it and I enjoyed many of the same things you shared here today. God built me to last...definitely a phrase worthy to be on the lips of all believers:) Hope you are doing well Chari:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Latoya! Yes ma'am that is a great phrase! God is blessing us as always!

      Take care!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!