Fashion Friday Feature: Farah of Agape Gemz



Blessings loves!

I would like to introduce you to another lovely lady that I met through instagram! She LOVES fashion, has a passion for God and is such a sweetheart!! So let's meet Farah!




Tell us a little about yourself and your passion.
My name is Farah Andrea (Smith). I am a single mom of two wonderful boys. I am also the proud owner of an online accessories boutique, but first and foremost I am a servant of Jesus Christ, my Savior & Lord. As for my passion, I love everything Fashion! The saying is cliché: "I have a passion for fashion" and it's true! Fashion is my passion! Colors. Textures. Prints. Shapes. Fragrance. Shoes. Dresses. Handbags. Accessories!!!! Anything that even remotely looks like it is fashion oriented...is me! Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you, I would quickly opt to spend my lunch money on a cute outfit and bring my lunch from home for the remainder of the week! Yes it's a bit much but it's one of my passions and I pursue it to the fullest. I am also a personal shopper/wardrobe stylist, which I greatly enjoy because I love to make people smile and feel good about themselves.


I started a blog Farah Andrea Chicmix as a prerequisite to my ultimate goal...owning a storefront boutique. As I previously mentioned, I have launched an online accessories boutique and my plan is to build from there to carry other items, such as vintage clothing, shoes and purses. I've recently developed a love for all things vintage. I just believe the items that were made back in the days are of better quality than what is manufactured today. Additionally, being a Christian woman I love to dress fashionably, yet modestly. Everything does not have to be exposed in order for an outfit to look amazing.




What does living your dream mean to you?

To me, even though I currently work a regular 9-5, I feel like I am living my dream. I believe that in order to reach where you need to be, you have to see yourself there right now. You have to dress for the part. My dream is to own a storefront boutique, but not just any storefront boutique. I want my boutique to be different. To be a shopping experience like no other. I want for my clients to step into my boutique and feel welcome like they are stepping into my living room and being welcomed by a friend with a cup of tea. To start that process, I have set my plan in motion. I am hosting a vintage trunk show and jewelry party at my house, and I will act as if I am the boutique owner, and my friends and family are my clientele. Living your dream is something you should do everyday. Take baby steps towards your dream and it will come into fruition.

What makes you smile?


The little things in life make me smile! I've been through so many disappointments and hurt, yet I learn to find a lesson from each hurt, and when I realize that the lesson has made me into a better, not a bitter person, I smile. My faith in God makes me smile. Knowing that He is in complete control and that He orders my steps, I can sit back and smile.

What is the most important thing in life to you?

The most important thing in life to me is my relationship with Jesus Christ. My faith is strong because it has been tried, tested, and proven to be true. Without Christ I can do nothing.

What do you do when challenging times come your way?

When challenging times come my way I seek the face of God in prayer. I have peace in knowing that when I pray, there is a God in heaven who hears and answers my prayers. I can go to Him at any time, and even though at times His answer may not come the way I want it or be what I want to hear, I trust in knowing that He knows best, and I leave my cares to Him. Is it always easy for me to do? No of course not, but as I mentioned above, I have been through so many hurtful situations and I know that it was God who kept me when I did not even want to be kept.

Tell us a goofy fact about you

I like to sing and dance in front of my bedroom mirror without music (mind you I can't really sing!) I dance around like I'm on a stage ;)



What is your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure is SHOPPING! There is nothing like some retail therapy. A new perfume; a new dress or some new earrings quickly lift my stresses.

How important is a good support system to you?

A good support system is very important to me because in order to live your dream you should be surrounded with positive people who encourage your vision. Be careful who you share your vision with and don't be naive in thinking that everyone who says "I wish you well" is actually sending you well wishes. A good support system of family and friends encourages you to keep pressing forward even when you feel like giving up. I thank God for my support system of my mom, my sons & my close friends.

What do you do to take time to celebrate and honor you?

Every morning that I am blessed to see is a celebration to me, so pretty much I celebrate and honor myself each day by treating myself to something special. Even if it’s as simple as getting a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks. The little things in life mean the most to me.

Who inspires you and why?

There are a few people that inspire me, but I would have to say that I am most inspired by my mom. She's a woman of real faith. She's been through so many challenges, obstacles and trials in her life, but she never gave up. She never threw in her towel and she never turned her back on God. She taught me how to always hold onto God's unchanging hand and to stand firm in knowing that even when it seems that no one understands or cares, He knows and He cares.

What was one of the most challenging moments of your life and how did you overcome it?

I would have to say the most challenging moment of my life was when my mom was hospitalized for six months after I had my second son. At the time my son was a year old, and I was working full time, and was starting my first attempt at entrepreneurship. I had started an inspirational t-shirt line and was getting ready to launch it when my mom got sick. She was the caregiver for my children while I went to work. Her being hospitalized took a toll on me emotionally and physically, because I would go to the hospital straight after work, and then go and pick up the kids from the sitter and get everyone ready for bed and start all over the next day. I did not think I was strong enough to keep going, but I know it was God who kept me. It was at that time that my faith was put to the test. It was not easy, but I passed!

What advice would you give someone who is attempting to step out in faith and live their dream?



My advice would be, first create a plan. Place your plan before God. When you get the answer to go forth, Go! It will not be easy, and there may be times that you will want to quit, but don't! Keep going.  Stay committed and remember you are going to have to sacrifice your time, and maybe even some of your finances at first to invest into your dream, but if your dream is something that God gave to you, it cannot and will not fail. Just know that He will always equip you for what He has set you forth to do.

Are you a vintage jewelry lover?


You can find her at:



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter!

Photobucket

Comments