Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Vacation: Time with myself and God Recap!

Blessings loves! 

Last week I took a much needed vacation after feeling overwhelmed with my jewelry business. Funds are low so I didn't go anywhere, but it was NEEDED! For the first 5 days I was still 'momma' so I really didn't get a break lol. One day I was able to get away and I took a trip to a local park. I walked around the park twice jamming my music.



Then I sat down and read a wonderful book called Letting God of Supermom. It is a great book for all of us 'Supermoms' out there! Telling us to follow God's purpose for us and learning to reach out to others. (Review coming soon!)


Another day I went out to the Wall of Water. It was SO relaxing! I really needed this lol!
The sound of the water falling and the mist felt so good!



I made some oatmeal muffins for the family! They loved these!


After I finished Letting Go of Supermom, I received this wonderful devotional in the mail from Diane of the National Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs!
Loving it so far!


Then, my hubby & I were blessed with a GREAT gift! 
Tickets to the D'Angelo and Mary J. Blige Liberation concert at the 
Toyota Center on his birthday!

Here I am rocking my natural hair and on the way! :)
Earrings by Dope Crochet!


D'Angelo getting it! Glad he is back!

Mary J Blige was SO good!!! 
My hubby was like I hope she brings it better that D'Angelo.
I was like oh she will lol! And she did! Loved it!!

Taking this break really let me know that God should come first in ALL things 
and when I put Him first, then the anxiety I was feeling will slowly go away. 
Also, that it is important to take time for myself to relax!


What have you done for/with God and yourself lately?



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!


Join me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter!

Photobucket

Pin It

3 comments :

  1. Love your post! I will have to check out that book "Letting go of Super Mom!" I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. When we put GOD first all things falls in place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are proof that living on purpose is possible. Keep inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just imagining the wall of water makes me relax! God is so good! I just press closer and open my heart more and more toward complete trust in His lovingkindness and direction.

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!