Monday, March 5, 2012

Tasty Tuesday! Homemade Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yum!

Happy Tasty Tuesday

I wanted to share a quick recipe for my 'famous' dark chocolate chip walnut cookies!!! :-)
I don't know about you but I Looooooooooove chocolate! And I REALLY love chocolate chip cookies! But they are so unhealthy! So......instead of buying them at the store, I took a recipe I found and altered it a bit to make it healthier...now they are a favorite with my family and friends!


What you will need:


1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks. At least 60% cocao.
1 tablespoon of Vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup Walnuts
1 Egg
1 Egg yolk  
1 1/2 cup brown sugar ( I substituted white sugar for brown sugar)
2 cups wheat flour 
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 tablespoon Baking soda (I usually just sprinkle some in lol)
3/4 cup Butter (looking for a healthy substitute for this...)



Mix the dry ingredients (wheat flour, flax seed, baking soda) and set aside.
Melt butter and mix with flavoring, egg, egg yolk, and brown sugar until creamy.
Mix everything together and sit in refrigerator for 30min + or overnight.


Preheat oven to 325 f.  Roll dough into small balls and place on pan lined with 
parchment paper an inch apart. 


Bake for 15-17 minutes and remove. Let cool for 10 minutes. You will have the yuuuuuuumiest cookies! My hubby loves them and you know that is a big plus! Lol!



Enjoy! 

~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!

Pin It

3 comments :

  1. Those look really good! We love homemade cookies and I always tell myself they are better than store bought cookies! Butter is better for you than margarine at least:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you added wheat flour :) Dark chocolate is my favorite! Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just inspired me even more Chari I have a really great cookie recipe as well but I'm going to leave mines as is because it's the bomb.com but indefinitely will be trying your recipe but also after my videos I'm going to post my recipes as well so thanks for the extra motivation and push you are super awesome

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!