Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Testify Tuesday! Meet Tamika of Posilive Tees!

Happy Testify Tuesday everyone! 
I have decided to share with you some of the wonderful people who inspire me


I have had the pleasure to interview Tamika, the owner of Posilive Tees! I love this lady! She has such a youthful spirit and I am blessed to have worked with her 
on more than one occasion! 


Meet Tamika!



Tell us a little about yourself and your passion.

Tamika L. Stigers is the Owner/Designer of Posilive Tees. Posilive t-shirt line was created for men and women of all ages. Our desire is to powerfully spread positivity with our t-shirts!

The designer's passion to create positive t-shirts started when she walked into a local mall with the desire to buy a cute t-shirt. She was going to wear a casual t-shirt and dress it up with skinny jeans and stilettos! Frustrated that she could not find a single shirt with something positive on it, TLS went home disappointed. She refused to wear something that was negative because she realized that words are powerful and we have the ability to speak our destiny into existence, good or bad. It was then that she decided that, not only was she going to create positive tees for herself, but she was also going to share the fabulous positivity with the entire world, and Posilive was born! The rest is history.

What does Living Your Dream mean to you?
To me, living your dream means to do the things you would be doing if no one ever paid you to do them, the things you’re passionate about, the things that set your soul ablaze. It has nothing to do with money or fame, but everything to do with fulfilling the purpose you feel you were put on this earth to accomplish.

What makes you smile?
LIFE! LOL! I am so grateful for it every single day. There have been ups and downs in my life, as I’m sure everyone has experienced, but at the end of the day, I don’t regret one single thing, and I’m so happy to relish in every second of it! 


What is the most important thing in life to you?
I would say the most important thing in life to me is that I become a better person every single day, that when I leave this earth, I leave behind good thoughts of me, that I have touched more lives than I ever imagined, that I have made people believe that they can be better and showed them how.

What do you do when you challenging times come your way?
PRAY! That may not be everyone’s story, but it is definitely MY story! Prayer has gotten me through many of days. Iv'e also recently, within the last year, started to include meditation with my prayer time and it has helped tremendously. Everything doesn’t seem so disastrous when you are centered and grounded. 


Tell us a goofy fact about you.
Hmm…let’s see. I’ve always loved to make my friends and family laugh since I can remember. I like to do it by embarrassing them when they least expect it. So we might be in a store and I will just bust out and start singing a song loud in some other voice besides my own (country singer, old school gospel singer, munchkins from the wizard of oz…any voice that I feel will get them laughing and have them embarrassed).

What is your guilty pleasure?
Sweets! Anything sweet! I’m embarrassed to say this, but one time…I went for about 3 months straight eating a bag of cotton candy at least 3 times a week! Ridiculous I know, but that’s how much I love sweets! LOL!

How important is a good support system to you?
A good support system is extremely important. I’ve seen my life change drastically by just surrounding myself around positive, ambitious, like-minded people. Your support system can either bring you down or keep pushing you to be better. I’m so grateful that everyone in my tight circle pushes me to be better.

Who inspires you and why?
I would have to say my parents. They inspire me in so many ways. They have shown me time and time again what really good people look and act like. What it means to keep your word, what it means to work hard, what it means to never give up on your goals or the people that you love, what it means to put God first. I love them so much and I hope that one day I can be as good of an inspiration to my children as they have been to me. 


What advice would you give someone who is attempting to step out on faith and live their dream?
Believe in yourself! I know that seems very very simple, but sometimes it is hard to do. There will be people to tell you your dream is stupid. They will ask you why you just don’t get a job like everyone else and just live your life. They will give you every reason in the world of why it won’t work. If you believe in yourself and your ability to accomplish your dreams and also believe in your dream itself, there is nothing that can stop you. It will be frustrating at times, but you have to keep pushing forward. Know that it won’t be easy. Know that it won’t happen overnight, but also know that when it does start to happen, it will be one of the best feelings you have ever had.

I would also say, GET STARTED!!!! LOL! A lot of people like to wait for whatever reason. “I’m going to wait until I get more money. I’m going to wait until I quit my job. I’m going to wait until I have enough products to sale. I’m going to wait, wait, wait.” DON’T WAIT! I started my company with 1 t-shirt on a Myspace page….remember them Yep, 1 t-shirt. I had a lot of other designs that I could have WAITED to put out before I started my company, but I would have still been waiting to this day. You have to go for it! If your dream is to be a singer, sing one song and put it on Youtube and pub the mess out of that one song! LOL! If your dream is to be a fashion designer, make one design and sell it to everyone who will buy it for you! Just don’t wait!


Visit Posilive Tees at the links below! 



~Be beautiful, inspired, and blessed!

Pin It

1 comment :

  1. happy to meet you via etsy blog team. LOVE the reason for your shop. I'm all about the positive and spreading good karma. Now following and will check out your shop.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovelies! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope it uplifts and inspires you! You comments are very appreciated!

~Smooches!